How to combat stubborn belly fat
There is a specific group of vegetables that contain very unique
that can actually help to fight against stubborn belly fat:
THEY ARE THE CRUCIFEROUS VEGETABLES
Here is a list of some commonly found in grocery stores:
Chemicals that force your body to hold onto
Something you may have never heard about is that certain chemicals in our
food supply and our environment, such as pesticides, herbicides, and certain
petrochemicals from air and water pollution, household cleaners, plastics,
cosmetics, etc can react with your hormones and make your body store excess
These harmful chemicals are known
Xenoestrogens are chemicals that you are exposed to (and are hard to avoid in
the modern world) that have an estrogenic effect in your body. Excess exposure
to these can cause Hormone Balance disruptions for both men
These estrogenic chemicals that we are exposed to on a daily basis can
stimulate your body to store belly fat, along with many other problems
(including cancer risks in the long term).
List of Xenoestrogens
- Organ chlorines, are one of the largest sources. They are used in
pesticides, dry cleaning, bleaching of feminine-hygiene products and the
manufacture of plastics.
- Bisphenol-A, a breakdown of polycarbonate, is used in many plastic
bottles. It’s found in the lining of many food cans and juice containers.
- Avoid heated plastics, plastic lined items and Styrofoam (microwave,
oven, sun), as the polycarbonate escapes
- Use glass, ceramics or steel to store/consume foods and liquids.
- Choose organic produce. Always go organic with thin skinned fruits and
- Buy hormone-free animal products (eggs, poultry, meats, dairy). To avoid
xenoestrogen injections, supplements, bovine growth hormone.
- A common food preservative in processed foods (BHS: butylated
- Avoid non-organic coffee and tea.
- Use reverse-osmosis filter water or purchase your own filter (drinking
- Many creams and cosmetics contain parabens and stearal konium chloride.
Choose natural brands (preservatives made with minerals or grapefruit seed
- Most skin lotions, creams, soaps, shampoo, cosmetics use parabens and
phenoxyethanol as a preservative. Substances are 100% absorbed into the
body. Go natural or organic.
- Phthalates are commonly found in baby lotions and powders.
- Sunscreen can contain benzophenone-3, homosalate, 4-methyl-benzylidene
camphor, octal-methoxycinnamate, octal-dimethyl-PABA. Go organic.
- Many perfumes, deodorizers, air fresheners have artificial scents and
- Most perfumes are petrochemically based.
- Nail polish and removers contain harsh chemicals.
- The birth control pill contains high concentration of synthetic
estrogen. Choose a condom or diaphragm gels without surfactants. Use a
condom without spermicidal.
- Hormone replacement therapy (contains synthetic estrogens) - opt for
paraben-free progesterone cream.
- Research ingredients in your pharmaceuticals.
- Dryer sheets, fabric softeners and detergents put petrochemicals right
on your skin. Use laundry detergent with less chemicals or use white vinegar
and baking soda.
- Be aware of noxious gas that comes from copiers and printers, carpets,
fiberboards, new carpets.
- Do not inhale and protect your skin from: electrical oils, lubricants,
adhesive paints, lacquers, solvents, oils, paints, fuel, industrial wastes,
packing materials, harsh cleaning products, fertilizers.
- Become educated on: pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, parathion, plant
and fungal estrogens, industrial chemicals (cadmium, lead, mercury), Primpro,
DES, Premarin-cemeteries, Tagamet, Marijuana, insecticides (Dieldrin, DDT,
Endosulfan, Heptachlor, Lindane/hexachlorocychohexan, methoxychlor),
Erythrosine, FD&C Red No 3, Nonylphenol, Polychlorinated biphenyls,
Phenosulfothizine, Phthalates, DEHP.
The human body is being bombarded with these harmful chemicals every day
creating an over burdened liver, weakening the immune system and disrupting the
delicate hormonal balance.
More and more evidence exposes xenoestrogens to be dangerous chemicals that
need to be avoided whenever possible. Avoiding these synthetic chemicals and
supporting the body through proper liver detoxification, hormone balancing and
immune support, will work towards protecting our bodies.